Member Portal User Agreement
Privacy laws protect the data available in this ePower system. Unauthorized access to this computer system and the confidential information contained herein is strictly prohibited by law. If you are not authorized to access this system or the information contained herein, you should immediately exit. By accessing this system you confirm that you are the member who is the subject of the information being viewed or you are an appointed representative (authorized by the member) and approved to view the information contained herein. Any use of this system by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited by law and may subject such persons/entities to civil or criminal penalties. By accessing this ePower system you agree to this “user agreement” and the terms and conditions listed below:
- The Member portal offered by Viva Health is solely intended to allow covered members access to the benefits, services, and coverage information provided by Viva Health. Any other use of the system, misuse of confidential information, or unauthorized access to confidential information is strictly prohibited and could result in termination of access and/or termination of coverage as well as civil and criminal penalties and fines as prescribed by law.
- For parents of a covered dependent child(ren) age fourteen (14) or older, covered under the same Viva Health policy, the parent(s) must obtain the child's prior authorization before accessing his/her information. These rules are consistent with State and Federal laws.
- The member (or his/her appointed representative) agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Viva Health harmless from and against all claims, causes of action, liabilities, judgments, fines, assessments, penalties, damages, awards or other expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of the terms of this agreement.
- The member understands that he/she (or his/her appointed representative) is solely responsible for the decisions he/she makes regarding the use and safeguarding of confidential and personal information accessed by this system using the members user ID and password.
- The member (or his/her appointed representative) is responsible for and must implement measures for protecting its user ID and passwords associated with this system, ensuring the integrity of authorized access to the system.
- If the member shares his/her password with an appointed representative to review confidential information on his/her behalf, the member accepts full responsibility for ensuring that such confidential information is not misused. For problems with passwords, the member should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Viva Health is the owner of all information, content and materials on this site. All information and content on this site are protected by copyright, privacy, and other laws and may not be copied, transmitted, modified, or distributed without the express written consent of Viva Health.
- Viva Health is not liable for any errors or omissions in the information on the ePower Member Portal.
- Viva Health is not liable for any connection issues or lack of service issues which are outside of Viva Health's direct control including but not limited to computer malfunctions, internet connection malfunctions, computer viruses, weather related issues, or natural disasters.
- Viva Health reserves the right at its discretion to terminate this service or cancel your access to the ePower Member Portal at any time without notice.
- Viva Health neither expresses nor implies any warranty regarding but not limited to the following: service, information, documentation, hardware or software related to your personal computer, or internet connection.
- Viva Health has the right to amend this agreement, materials, and documentation regarding this service from time to time without prior notification. If the agreement is amended, Viva Health will post a modified copy of this agreement on this site or by otherwise notifying you.
- Any controversy, dispute, or claim by either party arising out of or related in any way to this Agreement (collectively, Disputes) shall be submitted to binding arbitration.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, except as pre-empted or superseded by federal law, which the parties agree governs the requirement to arbitrate all disputes and claims. By using the Service you agree to subject yourself to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the State of Alabama. By accessing this ePower system, I agree that I am the member or the appointed representative (authorized by the member), and I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of this ePower Member Portal User Agreement.
I have read and agree with the agreement above.